Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA504G keeps dropping calls

Hello,

I've had an annoying issue for almost a year. One of my SIP accounts keeps disconnecting during phone calls every time after a couple of minutes (max 10 minutes).

I consulted the SIP provider about this but they replied it must have been a connection issue.

I have an other SIP account which never gets disconnected. So this can't be the case.

I just followed the instructions because I'm not good at SIP settings. I tried getting some error messages to know the reason for the frequent disconnections without any success. I don't know how to do that.

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wrong conclusion. Connection issues, even related to particular destination, may be caused by misconfiguration of network on your side - it may be matter of firewall settings, NAT settings, ...

Just honor VoIP provider advice and analyze connection issue. Capture all packets related to failing call as well as syslog&debug messages from SPA504G in question. Your LAN administrator will help you with it (capture needs to be arranged according local network topology, which can't be guessed by us).

Thanks @Dan Lukes for your expertise...