cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO SPA514G PHONES WONT TRANSFER CALLS WITH AUDIO - WE CAN HEAR CUSTOMER THEY CANT HEAR US

CISCO SPA514G PHONES WONT TRANSFER CALLS WITH AUDIO - WE CAN HEAR CUSTOMER THEY CANT HEAR US, So when a call comes in, the person who answers it transfers it to an internal extension number, when the extension picks up, they speak to our colleague who says call for you blah blah blah and brief description, and then the colleague hits transfer to transfer the call so the customer comes through and we can hear them but they cant hear us - the line which they are transferred to. our boss tells us to ring vodafone but i really dont think vodafone are the problem surely its a handset problem by cisco. please advise

3 Replies 3

can i also add that this is random it doesnt happen all the time

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SPA514G doesn't transfer calls. It just sends transfer request to VoIP server. Call is transferred by such server. Thus you should call VoIP server administrator for support.

Tony (Rainbow)
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds possibly like a "SIP ALG" (Application level gateway) related problem that I encountered a couple of years ago!  Firstly I would contact your broadband supplier to see if they have "SIP ALG" turned on? Commercial/business ISP's will normally have this turned on as standard. If you are paying for a private/domestic ISP they might probally have it turned off and suggest you upgrade!

If it is turned on, you might need to look at the settings on your internal routers etc. Research "SIP ALG" online for further info that may relate to your current setup and hardware infrastructure.

For me, I had to change to one of the Major ISP's who was happy too discuss and confirm SIP ALG was switched on. This solved my two/three way comms straight away internally and externally! Hope this is helpful and steers you in the right direction to resolving your issues. Good luck!