cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems encrypting SPA112 config files with OpenSSL

VoIP2Go
Level 1
Level 1

I have been encrypting config files with OpenSSL since the Linksys PAP2 days but I can no longer do it correctly. I discovered a thread on here that advises "default digest changes between 1.0 and 1.1 from MD5 to SHA256" and I changed my command line appropriately.

Everything was working fine when encrypting using early 32 bit versions of OpenSSL on my 32 bit Windows 7 PC but somewhere along the line I upgraded to a later version and things no longer work from that computer. I installed the latest 64 bit version of OpenSSL on my Windows 10 PC with no luck. I installed the latest version on my Ubuntu PC without any luck encrypting files. The syslog from my SPA112 reports Resync failed: corrupt file

I run two web servers, one on 2016 Server, the other on 2012 Server - both IIS. My SPA112 has the latest firmware installed.

I have followed this tutorial: https://www.cloudinsidr.com/content/how-to-install-the-most-recent-version-of-openssl-on-windows-10-in-64-bit/ but my SPA112 still does not like the encrypted profile.

Could any share information of a working version of OpenSLL succesfully encrypting config files on a particular version of Windows where the files are downloaded from a particular version of IIS/Server?

0 Replies 0