cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to Set Up Cisco CP-8841 with Hosted PBX (Provider is MegaPath)

jacobpslagle
Level 1
Level 1

Okay so I received a new VOIP phone for my office the Cisco CP-8841 really nice phone. I am coming from a PolyCom VVX 300.  I turned the phone on and it is asking for either an activation code or service domain. So I went on the control panel and clicked add phone. I entered the mac address, make, and model. After the phone was created I generated SIP credentials and was given a username, password, and domain. I entered this information on the phone and well I keep getting the error "Verify your service domain and internet connectivity and then try again". So after a few tries I called customer service and they were able to register the phone on their end and I know for fact my phone is connected to the internet but when I try to log in on the phone I just keep getting that one error. I have no idea what the problem is. I don't know if MegaPath uses the Cisco software or third party but I just want to use my new phone lol. After 2 hours of troubleshooting on the phone the rep told me I should call Cisco but in my mind I feel like that may just be a waste of time because I don't have a contract with them. Anyway, any replies are greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing back from the community. 

2 Replies 2

raluani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sir,

My name is Rozana and i am an engineer from the SBSC team.

From the information provided i understand that this CP phone is running on our Enterprise software.
Please open this thread in their section, so they would be able to assist.

Thank you.

I have the same phone and I trying to provisioned it with a hosted service with Megapath.  I cant.  Any ideas?