cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2431 - Prefix 011 for International calls

boymorris
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a Cisco 2431 IAD for PRI handoff to customer's PBX.  I have a particular customer that cannot make international calls.  The problem is that my softswitch is expecting 011XXXXXXXXXX from the cisco to correctly route international calls.  When my customer dials 011XXXXXXXXX from his phone, his PBX strips the 011 and sends XXXXXXXXXX to the Cisco along with an "International" Call type in the ISDN messaging.  What I need to do is to prefix 011 for all international call types leaving the cisco to the softswitch.

I used the config below but was not successful.  Any ideas???  Thanks.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /.*/ /011/ type international international

voice translation-profile 1

translated called 1

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile outgoing 1

3 Replies 3

Attila Lendvai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm just an beginner, so I'm not sure about, that my answer would solve your problem, but I think there is something missing in your configuration.

I would say, you have to insert & in to your translation rule end. I better write my solution to be obvious.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /.*/ /011&/ type international  international

voice translation-profile 1

translated called 1

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile outgoing 1

In my opinion, in your original translation rule were every entered number translated to 011, and not to 011******* . I hope I could help you.

Best regards,

Attila Lendvai

I will adjust the configuration and let you know the outcome.

Thanks much,

l00pback
Level 1
Level 1

Your initial translation rule will replace the called number with 011.

As you need 011 to be appended in front of the number, you should rewrite your rule to do so, one example of it can be:

rule 1 /\(.*\)/ /011\1/ type international international

To make sure you compose your rules correctly, always test them with "test voice translation-rule" command.

Let me know if this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: