cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8811 and 7841 Phones with Mitel MiVoice Business.

C00P3R
Level 1
Level 1

I'm fairly new to Cisco phones and wanted to know if it was possible to get some of our Cisco phones to work with our Mitel MiVoice Business server.  These phones are currently on Enterprise firmware and managed by CUCM, they do not have the 3PCC SKU.  It appears it is possible based on this this: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-7800-series/guide-c07-742786.html 

However, it states the MPP firmware is for "approved third-party call control systems" as well as WebEx calling.  How do I know if Mitel MiVoice Business is an "approved third-party control system"?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@C00P3R wrote:
How do I know if Mitel MiVoice Business is an "approved third-party control system"?

If it is not a Cisco-based call manager, then it is a "third-party control system".

Indeed, but is it an "approved" third-party control system, in other words is it compatible with the MPP version of the software on the Cisco phones?

@C00P3R wrote:
 is it compatible with the MPP version of the software on the Cisco phones?

Can an Cisco phone, with Enterprise image, integrate with a Mitel- or Asterisk-based system?  Yes, but with limited function base on the call manager and not what the phone "can" do. 

Can an Cisco phone, with 3PCC/MPP image, integrate with a Mitel- or Asterisk-based system?  Yes, but with limited function base on the call manager and not what the phone "can" do. 

Do not expect the Cisco phone, regardless if it is loaded with Enterprise or 3PCC/MPP image, and connected to non-Cisco call manager to be able to support WebEx calling just because the phone could.  It won't.