cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Obtaining CUCM Starter/Demo License for Testing on CUCM OVA

simon12345678
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to download and install the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) OVA file for testing/evaluation purposes in my VMware ESXi environment. However, I'm facing a few challenges in obtaining the starter/demo license that is supposed to be available for new CUCM installations.

1. When trying to download the CUCM OVA file from Cisco's website, it states that a valid service contract is required and asks me to associate one to my Cisco.com profile. Since this is just for testing/learning purposes, I don't have an actual service contract. Is there a way to still download the OVA without a contract?

2. On the Product License Registration page, it asks for a "Device License Request". However, since I don't have any actual CUCM devices yet for testing, what should I enter here?

3. When raising a case with Cisco Support to request the starter license, they are asking for details like:

• Smart Account Domain ID
  • Smart Account Name
  • Smart Virtual Account Name
  • Customer CCO ID
  • Device Serial Number
  • Classic SKU Name
  • Quantity of Licenses
  • Demo Term (days)
  • Expected Load Date
  • Justification

I'm unsure what to provide for fields like SKU Name and Device Serial Number when I don't have real devices yet. Can someone clarify what dummy values, if any, can be entered for these fields when just requesting the starter license for testing?

Any guidance on properly obtaining and installing just the CUCM starter/demo license for a fresh OVA deployment in my home lab would be really helpful. I'm struggling to get past these initial license requirements. Thank you!

0 Replies 0