Views
Helpful
Replies

One Way audio with PBX only

carlosv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having some troubles with a pair of Cisco's 827 routers running IOS 12.3(5d) connected via an ADSL link.

When I connect telephones directly to the FXS ports on both routers I can call from and into either side and life is good.

However, when I connect a router FXS port on one end to an analog trunk port of a PBX (Nortel Option 11) the remote side can't hear me and I can hear them.

I've tried several config options on the voice-port and dialer peers to no avail. I had a similar problem a long time ago, and it was solved using "no auto-cut-truough" but this particular model router doesn't support this command.

I need some suggestions please.

Carlos

2 Replies 2

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check here:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094fac.shtml

Make sure you are connecting to an FXO port on the PBX and that the pinouts are correct.

Do show voice port x/x and see if you are even going offhook.

Hope this helps....

Well, turns out it was a problem with the PBX. They had some restrictions over the extensions and didn't allowed to dial using the trunk port where the router is connected. I didn't notice that cause I was using "connection PLAR" on the voice ports BAD IDEA.

Never use PLAR with FXS ports connected to a PBX because the PBX has no idea a call was placed automatically and therefore it doesn't complete the call.

Carlos