Views
Helpful
Replies

Ringback not stopping on E1R2

sriram.g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cusctomer is running an IVR script on a Cisco 3600 router for international calling and we are having problem with some destinations as the local clients (who connects to the VoIP via E1 port on 3600) continues to hear the ring back, even after the remote party picks up the line on the other end.

This is used for international calling service and clients get connected to the local 3600 via PSTN (R2 E1), VoIP path via satellite link goes to 5300 on the other end, which is operated by a diffrent operator. 5300 is connected to PSTN via ISDN E1.

CLIENTS----PSTN----R2-E1----3600(running IVR)------VOIP-----GATEWAY-5300----ISDN-E1---PSTN----PHONES.

we have tested these problem numbers through a 1700 router with FXS ports (thus eliminating the 3600 and R2 part) and they work OK. So it seems that the remote 5300 and E1 works fine.

attaching the sh run. Any ideas on this?

Thanks

GS

4 Replies 4

teodorgeorgiev
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

if you are really sure that the fault is in R2 (check with debug cch323 h225 if you are getting a "CONNECT" message from the VoIP side), then you have to debug the R2 signalling between the Cisco and PSTN.

use "debug cas" and see.

Btw, why do you need the "voice rtp send-recv" command ???

Hi,

I have seen the debug cch323 h225 but could not see any connect message. They were able to call sucessfully to the same number through a 1751-V FXS port and wia PSTN. Can you help me out?

Attached cch323 h225

thanks

GS

Hi,

Any ideas on this . Please suggest me on which part I can troubleshoot or am I missing some commands.

Thanks

GS

OK, I saw your debug and I never saw a message coming from the VoIP network (the other side) saying that a call has been connected.

What I saw as well is that you are using a private IP address, where are you doing NAT? Is the NAT H.323 aware?