cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL 2.0 to play message without sending answer message

heshengchun
Level 1
Level 1

per our customer's request, our AS5400 need play a brief message for dial plan changes, since the incoming call is from voip dial-peer, I think we have to use TCL 2.0, so I tried to use ' media play leg_incoming flash:xxx.au '. however this function seems working only with 'leg connect leg_incoming ', which means the SIP/H323 answer message will be sent right before the message is played. Our customer definitely can not accept such scenario, somehow the script leads to false answer supervision. We need answer message sent only when the called part answers the call.

Thank you for your help.

the current procedure for media play is:

playmessage {} {

leg proceeding leg_incoming

leg connect leg_incoming

media play leg_incoming flash:xxxx.au

}

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

teodorgeorgiev
Level 4
Level 4

Not really true. "Media play" should work without a "connect" message.

Try to to send a "progress" message with the INBAND progress indicator set (PI = 8) ...

something like this

leg progress leg_incoming -p8 .... ... ...

and it should work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

teodorgeorgiev
Level 4
Level 4

Not really true. "Media play" should work without a "connect" message.

Try to to send a "progress" message with the INBAND progress indicator set (PI = 8) ...

something like this

leg progress leg_incoming -p8 .... ... ...

and it should work.

Thank you very much! it works!

the voice dial-peer (outbound ) destination pattern is 33995T, I can not use 'T' in the following procedure, how can I modify the procedure so that I can make call to 33995+xxxxx?

proc send_digtis{} {

set dest 33995

leg setup $dest callInfo leg_incoming

}

set dest [infotag get leg_dnis]

leg setup $dest callinfo leg_incoming

great! it works. Could you recommend one audio software to covert G.711 *au/*.wav file to any other codec file? I notice the audio file codec format must match dial-peer codec, otherwise it won't play message. Our customers may send us G.723, G.729.

Thank you.

I use GoldWave when doing sound file conversions but it can't do it dynamically / on-the-fly if that is what you asking. You are right, everything must match, beforehand.