Views
Helpful
Replies

2 differents DID on dual E1 module

SAM KAWTHARANI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 different primary service connected to a dual E1 module, I configured both to work individualy, what I would like to do set the second E1 interface to work as a primary for outban calls all the time

my question is is this option works under the clock source line (primary / secondary)

Regards,

Sam

10 Replies 10

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

This is a preference set under your outgoing pots dial peer (if you have identical\matching peers) or it can be set as a per user basis by using COR lists.  Either way you would probably have to contact support if you are unfamiliar with either concept.

The clock is used between the telco and your device to synchronize the bits because you are using synchronous communications for a typical PRI.  That command doesn't specify which T1 to use

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sam,

Marcus is onto something there, the way I was thinking which might be a possibility but potentially and uglier way of doing it is as follows:

• Create a secondary Trunk Group say "PRI_E1-2"
  • Create a second set of Dial-Peers and place this trunk group on it
  • Give this new set of Dial-peers Priority 1 for outbound calling
  • Give the second trunk group Priority 2 or 3 in the event the first E-1 becomes full
  • Configure Translation Rules/Profile where required to suit the scenario

The issue with this setup is that I am not sure if you can do this with CCA, on a CLI basis you could do it in under an hour with a TXT editor and then copying the configuration over, you just need to make sure you translation profiles/rules are sound, this would be the tricky part as you would no matter what have to apply some form of inbound routing, unless the carrier allows you to present the CLI from the Primary E-1 (Some countries this cannot be done).

Anyway its just a thought, this is how I have done it a few times in the past, maybe SBS can assist you with a clearly defined and CCA supported method.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

SAM KAWTHARANI
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Guys for the quick response, see below the way how I configured it:

*********** first 100 DID with the 1st Primary Service *********

voice translation-rule 2

rule 3 /^029xxxx2/ /2/

rule 4 /^29xxxx2/ /2/

rule 5 /^9xxxx2/ /2/

!

voice translation-rule 3

rule 15 /^...$/ /9xxxxx00/

!

************* Second 200 DID with the 2nd Primary Service **********

voice translation-rule 5

rule 3 /^029xxxx4/ /4/

rule 4 /^29xxxx4/ /4/

rule 5 /^9xxxx4/ /4/

rule 6 /^029xxxx5/ /5/

rule 7 /^29xxxx5/ /5/

rule 8 /^93xxxx5/ /5/

!

voice translation-rule 6

rule 15 /^...$/ /9xxxxx00/

!

!

voice-port 0/0/0:15

translation-profile incoming INDIAL

translation-profile outgoing CALLER_ID

!

voice-port 0/1/0:15

translation-profile incoming IAD

translation-profile outgoing IAD_ID

!

!

interface Serial0/0/0:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn bchan-number-order ascending

no cdp enable

!

interface Serial0/1/0:15

description SIP CONNECT

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn bchan-number-order ascending

priority-group 1 --(I have added this statement)

no cdp enable

!

what I am trying to achieve is, any outbound calls go through the second Primary service

also I don't use CCA to configure the System

Cheers

Sam

Hi Sam,

Are trying to get this to work with Telstra's SIP-Connect?

I.E You are using an IAD interfacing towards the UC and not a Direct SIP trunk?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

hi David

yes, we have an existing PRI service and we moved toward the sip connect with Telstra but we are not decommissioning the existing service until end if the year but at mean time I have it working along with the existing service the issue I'm having is caller ID and outbound calls are working with the sip connect but for what ever reason sometime it is going via the existing service

Idont know if that make sence

cheers

Sam

Hi Sam,

My guess at this stage is the preference set on the Dial-Peer, the weight needs to be taken into consideration, hence why I had suggested multiple Dial-peers for each one to point to their respective circuit.

I don't know how accurate the priority group command is, and if this command overrides the weighting on the Dial-peers themselves I.E the preferences set on the DP's.

How have you configured the Dial-peers or are they as they were prior to the integration of SIP-Connect?

Cheers,

David.

Thanks David,

I think what I will do is remove the priority goup statement and test the dial peers preference that I have already configured,

which is the SIP connect as preference 1 and the PRI preference 2

I will let you know by tomorrow

Cheers

Sam

Roger Roger - Sam

Looking forward to your update mate!

Cheers,

David.

Hi David,

as I mentioned on my previous reply that I will remove the priority group statement, and go with the DP preferences, I did that this afternoon, and all working the way I wanted

thanks again for your assistance

Cheers

Sam

Your welcome

Glad it is working the way you want it to

Cheers,

David.