Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup

dhooper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently deployed a UC-560 with 7945 handsets and also a 7960 with a 7916-24 connected to it.

The customer has flagged one major issue that they're unable to pickup extensions that are ringing, the typical customer rant applies of "our previous phone system could do this".

I have configured the 7916-24 to monitor all extensions, the first problem is that the 7924-16 only displays a red light next to the extension, it doesnt flash or change colour to let the user know that call is ringing.

The second problem is the use of the pickup button, is it possible to allow the user of the 7914-24 to just press the extension button when the remote extension is ringing to have them answer it?

The scenario is that the reception staff know when people are not available and use to able to intercept their calls.

Would the barge button be a better solution instead of the pickup button?

Regards,

Daniel

5 Replies 5

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Daniel,

The receptionist should be able to hit pickup softkey followed by the button on the expansion module.

Sounds like the SCC Operator console might be a good fit for this customer.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Mario,

Is it possible to not use the pickup button and have the receptionist just press the extension she wants to answer?

And is it possible to make the lights on the 7916-24 flash or change colour when the extension is rining as opposed to just being red all the time?

At the moment they dont know if the line is ringing or the user is on a call.

Regards.

Daniel

Have you considered building shared lines for this? Shared Octal if you want to handle multiple calls on the same extension.

Steve

We support group call pickup and directed call pickup, using Softkeys on the ip phone.

Hi,

I'm over the pickup button setup & problem, I had this same problem 5 years ago.

My major issue at the moment is the reception console (7916-24), if I change the buttons monitoring extensions to s (silent ring) it does what I want it do in the way that the light flashes orange on ringing and changes to red when the call is active, how ever what I dont want is for the phone with the 7924-16 attached to be displaying on the screen the incoming caller ID number etc, essentially when I'm using S buttons it seems to be ringing on the phone with the 7924-16 attached, is their a way to stop this?

If I change the extension buttons to watch buttons, all we ever see on it is red lights, no one knows if the phone is ringing or an active call is going.