cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call waiting question

demions01
Level 1
Level 1

I just setup a SPA502G behind a PBX. I want it to setup in such a way that when this phone is busy the next call gets forwarded (CFB) but the call forwarding should be noted on the screen of the SPA502G. The call is forwarded really to a recorded massage behind the PBX that informs the caller that the called number is busy at the moment and that he can write an email... After I end the first call I can just call the second caller and talk to him.

I first tried to do it using the CFNR logic and set the CFNR timer to 10 seconds. In this case while in a live call the led light on the screen flickers for ten seconds and then the call gets forwarded. When the primary call is ended I can see that there was a "missed" call. This works but the second caller has to wait for ten seconds before he gets the info.

I then tried to play around with the Call waiting setting on the SPA502G by turning it off. In this case the second caller gets diverted to the annoucment immediately but there is no record on the SPA502g that there was such a call. Since this call did reach this phone could I force/setup the SPA502g in such a way that it would show me a missed call on the display when I hangup the first call?

2 Replies 2

demions01
Level 1
Level 1

I will try to rephrase this question one more time. Is there a way that I can setup the SPA502G in such a way that in a case of a second call the caller gets forwarded but there still stays a "NewMissedCall" banner on the SPA502G that will alert that there was a call made his way at the time that he was busy?

Unless call arrived to device, it didn't know about it, so it can't show "missed call".

Use CFNR, but set the timeout to one second if there is other active call on device.

Second caller will be delayed for one second only and you will got "missed call" notification on display. I assume you have PBX that allow you to implement CFNR timeout based on number of active calls placed on target device. SPA502G will not do something like it for you.