Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 514G Template

bruce
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-

I have configured the programmable soft keys on my SPA504/514 phones using a browser connection to the phone but need to make it more permanent.

I am using a softswitch that has templates for many phones, including the Cisco SPA504G/514G.  I would like to make some additions to the template in order to configure programmable softkeys and then assigning them to various positions within the context sensitive buttons.

Here is what I have added using the browser:

fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=park+*5900@<softswitch-url>;ext=park+*5900@<softswitch-url>;vid=1;nme=park
fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=park+*5901@<softswitch-url>;ext=park+*5901@<softswitch-url>;vid=1;nme=unpark

Connected Key List:
hold|1;endcall|2;conf|3;xfer|4;psk1|5;toggle;bxfer;confLx;xferLx;park;phold;flash

Offhook Key List
redial|1;dir|2;cfwd|3;dnd|4;psk2|5;pickup|7;gpickup|8;starcode|11;alpha|12

How do I add this to the XML template for the phone?

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here is an example for button 4:

<Extension_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">Disabled</Extension_4_>
<Line_Enable_4_ group="Ext_4/General">No</Line_Enable_4_>
<Extended_Function_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">fnc=sd;ext=*88@$PROXY;nme=Group Pi
ckup</Extended_Function_4_>

<Programmable_Softkey_Enable group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">Yes</Programmable
_Softkey_Enable>
<Connected_Key_List group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">hold|1;endcall|2;conf|3;xfer|4;psk1|5;toggle;bxfer;confLx;xferLx;park;phold;flash</Connected_Key_List>

Thanks - I'll give it a try!

I used your information as a guide and am almost there.  One thing that is holding me back is the following.  In my template, I have the following line:

<Programmable_Softkey_Enable group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">Yes</Programmable_Softkey_Enable>

However, the config on the phone always says no:

<Programmable_Softkey_Enable group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">No</Programmable_Softkey_Enable>

If I set it to yes from the web gui, everything works fine but I want it to be set to yes from the template. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

I started over and now it works; go figure.  Thanks for the help!

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni