Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA504G unable to access admin interface via browser

Steveinoz01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to access the web interface on 4 cisco phones we have in the office. I have located the ip address but when I try and vist the ip in a browser I just get the error page 'Page can't be displayed' as if it is an invalid webpage.

We have 4 cisco phones plugged into a 800 series router via a switch. The phones are approximately 3 years old and are currently working on our VoIP service.

I have tried accessing the phones by plugging a laptop into the same switch and by plugging directly into the phones own PC Ethernet port.

I have tried using IE and Firefox.

I can see my laptop and the phones on the network using ip scanning software.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve

3 Replies 3

Milan Milanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Could you please disclose if the phones are provisioned by a PBX on your side or managed by your Phone Service Provider?

If this is the case - the management side (a UC device, software PBX) can block the access to the Web GUI, so the phones can't be managed by anybody except the management party.

Thanks,

Milan

Hi Milan

The PBX is a cloud based system. If I want to make any changes I have to login to a webpage where I can control routing/hunt groups etc. If its anything complicated the VoIP/Phone suppliers does it from their side.

Assuming they have blocked access would a factory reset on the phones free them up? I realise this will delete all the settings but at least I can use the hardware with a new supplier when our contract is up.

Thanks.

Steve

Hello Steve,

After reading what you described, it is highly likely that the Service Provider also put a password preventing a factory reset on the device.

To check this, please go to the phone Menu->(14) Factory Reset and check if you will be prompted to enter a password.

If you are, then the SP locked the phone only to their services and unfortunately it can't be reverted to factory or used with another provider without the permission from your current one.

Kind regards,

Milan