Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure UC520 to make calls via GSM gateway using 1 fxo port

ernestwestmaas
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Can someone show me how to configure the UC520 to make calls via a GSM-gateway using a additional fxo-port, and also using a additional access code.

Default Access Code is 9

While user wants to make calls via the GSM gateway, they have to press e.g 5...... after they press 5 the UC520 need to know that he has to use the dedicated FXO port.

thx

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ernest,

This would be a CLI configuration as I don't think CCA supports this setup yet.

However basically you will make a duplication of your Dial-Peers, but in this instance you will point each one of them to look at the FXO port that the GSM Dialer is connected too, so for instance if you just wanted to do this for all out-bound mobile calls, then you replicate all Mobile dial-peers (Normally about 4 of them).

Now depending on which country you live in, you will have two types of access codes "9" or "0", lets just say it is "0" to get an outside line, well on the newly created dial-peers that will point to the FXO port with the GSM gateway, you will change the dial-out prefix to be "5" instead of "0".

It is pretty much that simple

If you are in Australia I can quickly draft up the configuration for you, you will most likely have to modify it to suite your system, however I must STRESS again to you that this is not a support configuration and any CLI work may void your SBCS contract, unless you are authorized for CLI modifications or have approval by SBCS to do it with notes against your contract.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

As you can See I have add a new outgoing number with access code 5

dial-peer voice 58 pots

trunkgroup ALL_FXO

corlist outgoing call-local-plus

description **CCA*DialingTemplate*GSM-GATEWAY**

translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE

preference 5

destination-pattern 5[5,6]T

forward-digits all

no sip-register

Dial-peer is created in CLI but it seems that when you press 5 you wont hear a dial tone, and I want to use a specific FXO port not all the FXO ports

Hi Ernest,

What FXO port is the GSM gateway plugged into, your missing one crucial

part in the dial-peer

On Apr 27, 2012 1:31 AM, "ernestwestmaas" <

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *