Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom on Hold music problem

Corey Earl
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

Attempting to add custom on hold music to our UC540.

I received the on hold file as a .wav so I converted it to a .au format as that appears to be the preferred file type for Cisco's on hold music.

When I listen to the file after conversion, in Windows Media Player the file sounds perfect, but once I add it to the UC540 and set it as the desired file I get nothing but static when placing a call on hold.

I can't figure out where the problem is because when you test the audio file before importing it using CCA it plays fine with no distortion or static.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Corey

2 Replies 2

mikebe
Level 1
Level 1

You can't use just any audio format. Windows media player doesn't care how your .wav file was produced, but Cisco does.

To install a new audio prompt on Call Manager:

Media file must be encoded as a 16-bit wideband PCM wav file.

Messages on Contact Center (UCCX) have a different format.

Media file must be encoded as a CCITT uLaw 8-bit 8 KHz Mono PCM wav file to be compliant with G711 codec. Use aLaw in Europe and Australia.

I think you might have mis-understood my problem.

All the pre-installed "music on hold" files that come in the UC540 are of .au format so I have been converting my custom music on hold files to .au

AFTER converting my custom music to .au format (from .wav which was how it was received), I run the file in a media player to ensure proper conversion and quality after changing formats.

The file is now in the proper format supported by CCA and the UC540 and plays fine in a third party application however as soon as the file is installed and selected in CCA as the desired music-on-hold audio file it becomes unintelligible scratching/static noise.

This has nothing to do with audio prompts on Call Manager or Messages on Contact Center, I am referring to Music on Hold ONLY.

Thanks,

Corey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: