cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing Plan Question

fairbanksf
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SPA921 IP phone at a remote site that is pointing to an SPA3102 gateway that has an old analog phone attached to it.  We can successfully dial each other and hear just fine.  The problem that I am currently having is that when I want to dial 9 to get out I immediatly get a fast busy.  My current dialing plan on my SPA921 phone is listed below -

(1234<:@123.123.123.12>|<9,:><:@123.123.123.12:5060>)

Right now if I dial 1234 I can ring the analog phone attached to the SPA3102.  However, dialing 9 immediatly gives me a fast busy signal.  Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks! :)

24 Replies 24

Ah bugger.  I made your changes on this one, but when I dial the home number from say, my cell phone, after 1 ring I get a dialtone on the cell.  Perhaps something is incorrect with my current config.  I'll post it on here.

No worries, I see what the problem is.  The dial plan that you put in DP2 has a lowercase "S"......yeah, unfortunately if it's not in uppercase, the device ignores it.

Change it from this: (s0<:5678@216.190.14.19>)

To this: (S0 <:5678@216.190.14.19>)

Ah!  I'm headed out of town for a week, but I shall try this fix as soon as I return.

Thanks again for your assistance Derek.  :)

Sounds good.  Glad I could help out.

Derek -

Thanks again for all of your help.  I've been able to test out the setup and everything works except one thing.  When a call is received at home, the office VOIP phone rings just great, but I cannot hear the person who called.  However, they can hear me clearly.  If I initiate a call and dial an outside number from the office VOIP phone, everything sounds great on both ends.

If the home analog phone calls the office VOIP, we can hear each other fine.  It's only if an outside caller calls the home, and then the call is answered in the office, I am unable to hear them.  Any ideas?  :(

Typically this would be an issue with RTP ports not being forwarded.  On your router, make sure you have ports 16384 to 16482 (UDP) forwarded to back to the SPA921.  This should resolve the one way audio issue.

Let me know if that gets it.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I opened the port range, but still no luck.  There is no audio on the SPA921 end.  I'm not seeing anything on my firewall that shows rejected packets from the source SPA3102 IP. 

Hey fairbanksf,

I'm unable to replicate the one-way audio issue that you are experiencing.  If it's not a port forwarding issue, it's possible that it could have something to do with NAT.  If you could, post a network topology, as well as any additional settings that could help.  (ie. one-to-one NAT, DMZ, etc.)

Thanks man,

Derek

Derek -

We're taking the IP phone up to the remote site today.  A small Linksys router is a lot more flexible than the higher end corporate firewall that I've been tinkering for the initial setup.  If we still have the same problem with no audio I'll let you know.  I'll agree, everything should be working correctly though.  It's just a NAT or firewall issue.

I'll keep ya posted on the results.

Thanks again...  :)

Sounds good. 

Derek