Views
Helpful
Replies

HuntGroup with GD Mailbox Access

Peter_sgc_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to configue an HuntGroup that ends at a GD Mailbox.

How can I then assign this mail box to the people in this groups phone so that they can see if there is a message??

So on the phone it would be

Button 1: Their EXT

Button 2: GD MB

I have created the hunt group that creates a pilot number but this creates a Mailbox for the Piloit number and I can't seem to attach that as an extention to a phone button.

Have I gotten something wrong, or am I going about this the wrong way?

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unlike shared lines, which get an extension assigned to the phone members, which gives flashing envelope icon and voice mail access to the GDM, Hung Groups DO NOT have extension buttons assigned to phone, so the members of the hunt group would have to check their own voice mail box, then hit option 9 to hear the HG GDM.   No indication given on the phone.

So what would be the best for configuring the Main line DDI to ring a set group of people that has a seperate voice mail box at the end of the hunt that end users can easisly distinguish if someone has left a message.

My only thoughts are, having the last person in the hunt set to call fwd all to a ephone and then assigning that ephone as a button to everyones phone, though im not sure if the hunt will obay the call fwd all...

Hi Peter,

Steven eluded to a possible work around for you in his post

Suggestion:

• Create a floating extension
  • Assign this floating extension to the designated people and a vacant button on their phone
  • Set the floating extension to a permanent call forward and point it to the VM
  • In your call routing, point the final destination to this floating extension
  • Either setup IMAP to get the VM's and use an exchange rule to distribute it to the various people, or use SMTP and have it push the mail instead of fetching it

It is an unusual way of doing things, but until they get better notification support for GDM mail boxes, one has to be a little creative in how they do things

Hope this gives you an idea, it may be suitable for what you want to achieve.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *