Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone SPA 303 busy/not answering

claudiu02
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a few Cisco IP SPA 303 phones connected to a PortaOne switch. The phones are registering ok on the switch and I can make outgoing calls.

However, if I try to make a call to the extensions using the Cisco IP 303 phones, I get a '486 Busy Here' error.

Calls to other extensions using other types of Cisco phones ( 504G ) are answered fine.

Checked 'Do Not Disturb'  and is not on.

Firmware version 7.5.5

If I power of/on the phone, it may start answering calls but after some standby time, the phone goes into a 'busy tone' mode by itself ( DND still not activated ) . It looks like there is some sort of time-out setting that would put the phone into "sleep mode' and all calls rejected with 'Busy'

Anyone experienced this issue with Cisco IP Phone SPA 303? Any sugestions how to "keep it alive" ?

Thanks, Claudiu

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You got '486 Busy Here'. But who got it from whom ? Is it the PortaOne switch who is getting 486 from called SPA303 phone ? Or is it the calling phone who is getting 486 from PortaOne switch ?

Is INVITE delivered to called phone ? What's it's response ? Is the called device registered to PortaOne at the time of call attempt ?

Calls to other extensions using other types of Cisco phones ( 504G ) are answered fine.

Then configure the SPA303 the same way as the SPA504G is configured. They are same. Of course, configuration of PortaOne for SPA504G needs to be same as the configuration for SPA303 phone as well.

Any sugestions how to "keep it alive" ?

At the first, you need to identify the source of busy message. It will help you to identify the issue and take appropriate countermeasures.

I have been having the same problem - SPA 303 3 line business phone keeps beeping loudly when i dial out. It allows me a two second window to dial out and then it begins to beep the busy tone..

You may have same problem as

this one.