cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with programming UC540 to use an external DHCP (Windows Server 2003) server.

gurjbakshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Just had a question regarding an external DHCP  server for a UC 540.  I have added the "IP helper-address" command to  "Interface BVI 1".  Everything works ok, my computers get a dhcp address  but as soon as I try pinging from CUE out to the internet, I get no  reply.  Now, if I add the "IP NAT OUTSIDE" command to the BVI 1  interface, CUE is able to ping outwards but I cannot access the CUE  through web browser.  Is there any way to configre this so that CUE is  able to ping out to the internet (need this for SMTP message  notification) and DHCP addresses for computers come from an external  server while the Phones get their IP address from the UC540 system?

It almost seems like you can only have one or the other?  Also, I will be programming through CLI.

Thank you!!

4 Replies 4

Please provide a diagram that depicts your suggested topology, so we can try to help.

Note which vlans and IP addressing you wish.

Also point out your routing points.

Regards

Victor

Here you are!  I've attached a drawing of the network and a default UC540 configuration file.  Thanks for replying and trying to help

Sorry,

I accidently labled the UC540 as a 560.  I am currently working on a 540 but seem to have the same problem with a 560.

Does anyone have any idea?