cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no transfer softkey when calls are answered on a Direct CO line key

Northeaster01
Level 1
Level 1

We have set up a very small customer with a UC540, and they originally wanted to answer calls in a similar way as their old Norstar key system.  ie, several multiline IP sets with Direct CO line buttons so they can answer at one set, then put that line on hold, and someone else can push that line button on another set, and retrieve the call (without transferring).
That works fine. 
But, they do have a couple of single line / analog sets, which of course, can not have the Direct CO line buttons, and therefore require that some calls be transferred to them.(or parked and then retrieved).

Problem is that the transfer softkey does not appear, when the incoming calls are answered on a Direct CO line button!

And, if the incoming calls are pointed at a Blast group instead, for example, then they are answered on the intercom/internal key, button 1.  This will make the transfer softkey appear, but now they cannot put the call on hold and pick it up on another set, as it is now on the IC key, and not on a direct CO line key.

Seems like you either have a choice of a key system/Direct CO line functionality, or have transfer functionality, but not both.

As well, the park softkey does appear on set when call is answered on the Direct CO Line button, but it rings busy / does not work if you try to park it.  Park works fine if call is directed to an extension, blast group, etc, where the call is answered on the IC/  extension button.

If anyone know a solution, or workaround to this, I would appreciate it!

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

I had this issue with one system when using the Trunk Line Monitoring facility, this was to run the system like a KTS but in PBX mode, it turned out the problem was with the ephone-template, and this was discovered after days of diagnosing the fault with TAC, so I guess you can look at this as CCA may not give this option???

Another method would be to create park slots and transfer the call to the park slot, but again your ephone-template would need to support this as well otherwise you are back to the same problem of not being able to transfer or press the park soft key.

Just curious though if this system is a full CCA build or if it is Hybrid of CCA and CLI or just pure CLI configured? Once I know then it can determine how far of the box we can venture

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply!

It is a complete CCA build, and was upgraded, with the CCA, to the latest software 8.1.0, about a month ago, prior to configuration.

I actually have one configured similarly, in my lab, so I can post a copy of the running-config, of that would help.

We have many small customers, who like the ability to have lines appear and ring as a KTS, but also need to be able to occaionally transfer to single line sets, or off-site, and for this we need the transfer softkey to be functional.  Of course, the park working would be nice as well.

Question - Is there a difference if the system is set up as:

1. Key, with direct CO line appearances of FXO lines 0 - 3 , for example on all IP sets.

2. PBX, but later the Incoming call route is changed so that FXO lines 0 -3 are terminated as Direct CO line, instead of PBX lines to an ext or blast group, for example.

Would we see actual differences in the config or in performance, in these two examples?  I though I read somewhere that the key/PBX choice of lines, while running the telephony wizard in the CCA is a non-issue, as the line type / termination location can be changed later, in the incoming call route, and Direct CO line buttons can always be added or deleted as necessary.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/15755-102-1-37410/Hybrd%20Key%20System.pdf

Can you review this document and see if this helps?  One of our team members wrote this document for situations like yours.

Thanks very much!  Looks like it should work.  Instead of actually having key / Direct CO line buttons, those lines are ringing into "fake" extensions, which then appear and ring on lines buttons - faking a key system. But hopefully still having all PBX features like park, transfer.

Will try it hopefully this afternoon.  Thanks again!

Marcus - thanks very much.  Just tested and worked perfect!  able to park, transfer, put on hold and grab at another set, etc.

2 thoughts on the document - they cfb each fake line button to the next fake line button.

- I would not think that this would be necessar, if you have your trunks in a hunt group (programmed by service provider, in DMS for example).

- have to dial 9 to make outbound call from eithe key 1 (prime extension) or the fake line buttons on keys 2, 3, 4, etc (as they are really programmed as extensions as well).  No big deal, just inform the customer of the difference from their old key system.

Thanks aagin all!!