cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

P-Asserted-identity with Secure Call Service

Matt Jones
Level 1
Level 1

We use SPA508G phones with firmware 7.6.0, and the SIP->Caller ID Header is set to PAID-RPID-FROM.

In one of the call scenarios, phone sends an INVITE, server responds with an OK message that also includes a P-Asserted-Identity.

For regular non secure calls, phone displays this PAID as the caller id.

Once we set the secure calling on the phone (SIP->SRTP Method: s-descriptor, Phone->Secure Call Serv: Yes, User->Secure Call Settings: Yes), the phone starts displaying the FROM as the caller id, and not the PAID.

In both cases, server sends the PAID with the OK message.

is there anything we can do to get the phone display the PAID?

Thanks,

Matt

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, it seems you hit firmware bug. In such case, no one but Cisco can help you. So call SMB Support center, report issue and wait for patched firmware.

You should be ready to provide:

• SIP trace of call setup in unencrypted form (I assume you are using SIP over TLS; s-descriptor provide no security if SRTP encryption keys are distributed in clear-text SDP e.g. TLS at SIP level is mandatory, but unencrypted form needs to be provided to support guys),
  • captured syslog&debug messages (highest debug level possible)
  • saved picture taken from http://IP_address_of_phone/admin/screendump.bmp at the call time

Then wait for patched firmware and wish it will not take months.

In the mean time, try to set Caller ID Header to just PAID-FROM. I assume it will not help, but it cost nothing to try it. If the proxy can provide RPID you should try RPID-PAID-FROM or RPID-FROM as well.

Note you provided no detailed information to us thus this advice is based on assumption your analysis of the issue is correct.

Thanks Dan.

Yes, we are using SIP over TLS. Tested it without TLS also (only SRTP), and the issue still remains.

Tried PAID-FROM, and then switched to RPID on the proxy, and tried the other options as you suggested - phone is still using FROM as the caller id.

I will give support a call...

Matt