cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom Conferencing/SCCP Issue on FXS Port

Audy Bautista
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue concerning a Polycom connected to an FXS port on a UC560.  I configured the appropriate SCCP configuration to give the Polycom conferencing features and it works fine (snippets of the configuration below).

voice-port 0/0/2
timeouts ringing infinity
station-id name CONF RM POLY
caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 3 pots
service stcapp
port 0/0/2

ephone-dn  7  dual-line
number 88 no-reg primary
label 88
description Polycom
name Polycom
!

ephone  2
device-security-mode none
mac-address 414F.55F6.2002
ephone-template 18
max-calls-per-button 2
type anl
button  1:7

CLIENT-UC560#sh ephone anl

ephone-2[1] Mac:414F.55F6.2002 TCP socket:[1] activeLine:0  whisperLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 9/9 max_streams=1

mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0  ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 paging 0 debug:0 caps:8
IP:10.1.10.2 * 45643 SCCP Gateway (AN)  keepalive 2387 max_line 1  available_line 1
port 0/0/2
button 1: cw:1 ccw:(0 0)
   dn 7  number 88 CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE        
Preferred Codec: g711ulaw
Lpcor Type: none

BUT I'm having a problem where every few weeks the client calls me up  telling me that the Polycom conference feature stops working.  And when I log into the UC560, I see that the "station-id number 88" entry is configured under the voice-port when I know for sure I did not configure that at all.  This is happening every couple of weeks.

voice-port 0/0/2

timeouts ringing infinity
station-id name CONF RM POLY
station-id number 88
caller-id enable

To fix, I have to configure the following ( I sometimes have to add it maybe 3 times before it takes):

voice-port 0/0/2

no station-id number

Sometimes, the Polycom even loses the DID 88 and auto registers with a  different extension all together, and other times I do a "sh epone anl" and I see that the Polycom auto registers with the MAC address end digits 2001 instead of 2002 and I have to reconfigure the auto registered ephone entry.

Anyone ideas on why this could be  happening?  Thanks.

0 Replies 0