cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI issues with a UC540

bryan.morris
Level 1
Level 1

Where could I find any outstanding issues with PRI's going into a uc540?

We currently have a 540 in our lab that has a PRI into it and the uc540 loses its connection every two to three days.

When we reset the card it is good for a few days.

Any thoughts or things I should know about?

Thanks.

Bryan

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Bryan,

Interesting problem you have, I would like to know if you can clear up a couple of questions which might make it easier to help you out

1. When you say it looses its connection, how do you mean it does this? Do you mean the PRI looses its connection or you are unable to get to the system??
  2. When you say reset the card, how do you mean? Do you do this via CLI or CCA or you reload the system, or do you pull the card and reinsert it??
  3. What software pack is running on the UC? SWP-8.1 or 8.2 or is this a manual IOS upload/upgrade, providing us with a "show version" would also be useful, and if you want to go the full Monty, a copy of your running config with all the sensitive data removed.
  4. Is this system managed by CCA?
  5. What country are you in? This will help identify if the right settings have been applied to the PRI
  6. Lastly is this a full circuit PRI or a fractional one?

Sometimes when a PRI is not configured properly it will work for a period of time and then just drop, but of course we can never rule out that the card may be faulty as well and could have a bad chipset on it.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *