cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems between an UC520 and Asterisk with sip trunk

Carlos Montero
Level 1
Level 1

I have an UC520 and Asterisk with a sip trunk created between them, the calls from the UC520 to the Asterisk are ok, but the calls form de Asterisk to the UC520 are always busy.

Logs from the asterisk show that the first part of the call is ok, but the call is not complete, this means that the part where the extensions are with @ipuc520 doesn't appear

I created a sip trunk from de CCA 1.9 and it puts this for incoming calls for the dial peer, if I compare with a CCME, there is no configuration for incoming call there

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

permission term

description ** Incoming call from SIP trunk (Generic SIP Trunk Provider) **

voice-class codec 1

voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:x.y.z.w

incoming called-number .%

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

ip qos dscp cs5 media

ip qos dscp cs4 signaling

no vad

And there is no configurarion at all that could block the calls

The x.y.z.w was the sip server ip (asterisk ip)

The comminication between sip and h323 are allowed in the four ways

The allowed codecs are   g711ulaw and g729r8

Asterisk is working now with other CCME and they are ok so I copied the configuration from those CCME to the UC520 and from the other sip trunks in asterisk the new trunk sip for uc520

The sip trunk created from the CCA was replaces for the one from the CCME that is working now

The routes are ok in Asterisk.

There is no translation profile in incoming calls.

There is no ACL applied in all configuration.

There is no log about callres incoming from the asterisk.

Could anyone halp me pls?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rina,

I am glad it is resolved for you

Can you mark the thread as answered please.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Carlos,

Can you please provide a debug CCSIP and debug voip dial-peer on an incoming call from the Asterisk box.

Also what form of Asterisk are you using? Is it elastix, trixbox or a vanilla flavor?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi,

There is the debug in the atached txt file, the caller number is 3400, the called number is 7129; AA.BB.CC.DD is asterisk public ip, WW.XX.YY.ZZ is UC 520 public ip

And the Asterisk is a TRIXBOX

Thanks for answering!

Hi Carlos,

Great thanks for posting that.

I see the Dial-Peer is a sucessfull match, so the next question(s) to ask.

Where are you sending that incoming call from the Asterisk box? Do you have a Translation rule in place? Are you sending it to a Directory number? Is it supposed to come into the CME and then out a Voice-Port?

I suspect the call is hitting the system, it is processing correctly right up to the point where it asks "Where am i supposed to go".

Any further information you can provide would be appreciated, or if you are willing too maybe post your entire running config with all the sensitive information removed.

Cheers,

David.

Where are you sending that incoming call from the Asterisk box?

In UC520, there is no configuration for sending this calls, just a dial peer that was created by the CCA when I created the trunk sip

Do  you have a Translation rule in place? Are you sending it to a Directory  number? Is it supposed to come into the CME and then out a Voice-Port?

yes, I have translation rules in UC520 bur they are not been used in incoming calls, there is no directory number, yes, it is suppoused that.

I am ataching the complete show run without sensible infomation.

Thanks

By the way, I am Rina, and I am using the username of a coworker for publishing my problem

Rina

Hi Rina,

Help me to try and understand what you are trying to do.

In this code snippet i see the following:

001808: 1w3d: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpMatchPeersCore:
   Calling Number=7129, Called Number=7129, Peer Info Type=DIALPEER_INFO_SPEECH
001809: 1w3d: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpMatchPeersCore:
   Match Rule=DP_MATCH_DEST; Called Number=7129
001810: 1w3d: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpMatchPeersCore:
   Result=Success(0) after DP_MATCH_DEST
001811: 1w3d: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpMatchPeersMoreArg:
   Result=SUCCESS(0)
   List of Matched Outgoing Dial-peer(s):
     1: Dial-peer Tag=20036

This looks as though you have a call coming in from the Asterisk system to number 7129, which then leads to this according to the config file you provided.

number 7129
label 7129
description7129
name 7129
call-forward busy 6001
call-forward noan 6001 timeout 10

Which at this point I am going to assume this is ephone-dn  10 (Please confirm). If this is the case then the inbound call is being matched correctly to a DN (Which has its own dial-peer tag "Dial-peer Tag=20036".

But then i see this:

001817: 1w3d: //-1/55940098BA19/DPM/dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore:
   Result=Success(0) after DP_MATCH_INCOMING_DNIS; Incoming Dial-peer=1000
001818: 1w3d: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore:
   Calling Number=Unknown, Called Number=, Voice-Interface=0x0,
   Timeout=TRUE, Peer Encap Type=ENCAP_VOIP, Peer Search Type=PEER_TYPE_VOICE,
   Peer Info Type=DIALPEER_INFO_SPEECH
001819: 1w3d: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore:
   Result=NO_MATCH(-1) After All Match Rules Attempt

So the incoming call has been matched to Dial-peer 1000 which is an incoming VoIP dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 1000 voip
permission term
description ** Incoming call from SIP trunk (Generic SIP Trunk Provider) **
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte
session protocol sipv2
session target sip-server
incoming called-number .%
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
ip qos dscp cs5 media
ip qos dscp cs4 signaling
no vad

But then can see it has no where to go. So either I am reading this all wrong and the 7129 number is a result of another call taking place whilst you were debugging the system, or it is part of the debug and I am missing something here.

Rina,  just so I understand this all. Are you trying to do WAN type calling from one system UC-500 (System "A") to the Asterisk system ( System B) and same? And so far calls going from the UC-500 to the Asterisk system are fine, but calls coming in from the Asterisk system to the UC-500 are not?

What happens on the Asterisk side when you try to call an Extension on the UC-500, do you get any ringing? Or is it a fast busy tone?

I am going to look over your configuration and debug a little further when I get home, maybe I am missing something here and can identify it.

Cheers,

David.

Hi,

The dial-peer 1000 was the problem, I erased it and now I can call to the UC520.

Before this the busy tone was inmediately.

Thanks a lot for your help

Rina

Hi Rina,

I am glad it is resolved for you

Can you mark the thread as answered please.

Cheers,

David.

luistapia980
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe some time has passed for this post. But I wonder if someone could add a how to to configure a SIP Trunk with Elastix and PBX UC500 using CCA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: