Views
Helpful
Replies

Seeing Unusual Issues with UC-500 Series and latest IOS Releases

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Cisco Team,

To add to the other issues that are being faced, recently I have noticed issues with the latest installments to the IOS revisions then what has been seen in the past, a list of them supplied below.

Turning a FXS port to a User Phone:

After steering CCA to convert a FXS port to a User Phone instead of Common, the system does not enable STCAPP properly, even though it should have been done when the system was originally designed from factory defaults, this results in having to reboot the system to get it to work. Have not seen this problem before, and so far it has only happened twice, but this is because I have only had to do it twice, not sure if I can expect this to occur with future setups.. NOTE: This is an after the fact change, meaning that once the system is built and I am asked to add an analogue device to the system, when making the changes then, you see the problem... If enabled from the word go, this problem is not encountered as the TSW reboots the system any way at the end.

Enabling Park Slots After initial configuration:

When Enabling park slots after the initial install, they do not work all the time. Whilst they get programmed onto the phones ok and the phone refresh works as it should, if trying to use them all sorts of problem occur such as, phone reboots when trying to use it, fast busy tone when trying to park a call, or no response from the button... If however the system is rebooted using the CLI reload command, the Park Slots come to life \o/

I note that this problem has not been seen on earlier IOS versions, they seem to have been introduced from SW 8.1 to the latest version 8.2

Configurations made with CCA 3.0 then later update with CCA 3.1.X encounters issues:

Whilst not entirely an IOS issue, there seems to be new IOS error messages when trying to make changes and you are watching the debug information on the terminal or using the F2 hot key to monitor the transaction in real-time. I understand that when introducing a new software version there might be some incompatibilities, but I wonder could a notice when you install the latest version be issues advising of the possibilities of this happening? I know you guys list the known issues but neither of the problems outlined have shown up, the known issues are related to things that have been long ongoing, and at times I notice new ones that are introduced because of the new version.

Now I am not trying to nit-pick, just highlighting the issues that are being encountered during deployments, some just annoying and others at times can be crippling, I have not highlighted all the issues as I also have other outstanding threads focusing on other issues and I do not want to double up the posting efforts, or rehash the issues when they are already being canvassed.

Outside of capturing debugs, is there anything else we can do to assist you in tackling these challange's? Would video recordings of the events taking place help? Will the Java error codes that come up on the screen assist you as well? (Note it is noted that at times the java errors are not shown in the logs).

I thank the Cisco team for looking into these issues given the work loads you guys are sometimes under and also the current environment that is a little taboo to talk about.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
0 Replies 0