Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-3102 Registration fail on D-Link "DSL-2750E" Router

Hi Team

I assume I am able to clarify this here since its Cisco VOIP device related. This SPA-3102 correctly working with my Old router. I wanted to have a better WiFi router and I installed D-Link 'DSL-2750E' Router. Internet all works as normal thru this Router but SPA3102 is NOT registering. I have a SIP debug trace here attached & Not sure why it is failing registration. No any Firewall or any other filtering configured in the router and it operates as per all the default setting. Would you be able to advise on this please ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Debug is nice, but it disclose content of sent REGISTER packets only. No responses. Catch SIP packets (both incoming and outgoing).

I the mean time - don't use names in proxy configuration. Use IP address instead.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Debug is nice, but it disclose content of sent REGISTER packets only. No responses. Catch SIP packets (both incoming and outgoing).

I the mean time - don't use names in proxy configuration. Use IP address instead.

Hi Dan, Thanks for your usual quick response.

Its settled, as at the same time my VOIP provider was also helping to trace the SysLog results too.

They suggested to put their DNS IPs in the SPA-3102 WAN section. see attached.

Well, if it has solved your issue, then we can clain the DNS server at 192.168.1.1 doesn't work (either correctly or at all). You should either solve this issue or you should not use the 192.168.1.1. DNS server.

According name versus IP in proxy field - on SPA5xx and even SPA9xx are know issues if name is used as proxy. Under specific conditions, the device forged IP adress of proxy and refuse to resolve it again. So it is unable to register (as it don't know where the REGISTER should be sent to).

I don't know the SPA3102 is affected by it as well or not. Just for sure, I'm using IP address in proxy field regardless the SPA model and firmware version.