Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 Cant Identify problem causing "message waiting" indicator stays on phone

logande01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Just purchased,setup a new spa112 . Unit is working ,however I'm at odds to figure out where/how to get the phone to stop flashing it has a vmail but iit does'nt have any. I can call my number and it leaves a vmail, I can delete it after but the message/light indicator still flashes. 

SPA112 firmware 1.4

Phones I tried with are a Panasonic, and a Bell M9009 meridian 

Even after removing the phone from the spa112 it now continues to flash ????

Suspect I may need a phone code to stop the flashing, but also curious to understand where the initiator of the flash message is started.

Thx

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

MWI is part of CNDD. You need to identify issue source - either SPA112 claim MWI despite there's no message waiting or Panasonic announce MWI despite SPA112 doesn't signal MWI to them.

So turn on syslog&debug messages on SPA112 and catch them, as well as SIP messages. It should help you to narrow the issue cause.

By the way, I guess you are not using 1.4 firmware as there's no such firmware version.

Also note such question have nothing to do with XML Applications. I will move this thread to more appropriate community.

Hi Dan

I will do that thanks...sorry about the wrong community.

Snapshot of my model info status says its 1.4 

Name 
Value
Model:SPA112, 2 FXS
Hardware Version:1.0.0
Boot Version:1.3.1 (Dec 11 2013 - 17:43:53)
Firmware Version:1.4.0 (001) May 27 2015

Sorry for confusion. I missed such firmware version has been released. It's just few days old.