Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 login

alangot2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm finding a problem when logging into the SPA112. Have upgrded to the latest firmware 1.3.5(XU)

After a factory reset it logs in from Firefox fine into admin/admin. I then run auto provisioning (from 2Talk) and that works all fine and I get a phone connection.

Then go into the correct IP address with Firefox and get the login screen. However admin/admin then gives "Invalid username or password, please try again".

Doing a factory reset then gets admin/admin back. Have tried changing the password before the provisioning, that still won't let me log in after I've done the auto-provisioning.

Have also tried Chrome and IE, still the same.

Also tried my 2Talk (the VoIP provider) username and password. No go either.

Any help much appreciated.

2 Replies 2

matthewkhil
Level 1
Level 1

Try downloading the provisioning file from 2talk to your own computer and open it with a text viewer to see if there is an admin password being set as part of the auto provisioning process.

If the provisioning is in the form of plain text XML file, you should look for Admin_Passwd

If it is the compiled but unencrypted SPC file, you should be kind of hacker to be able to read it.

If it is the compiled SPC file encrypted by phone-specific password, you should be very experienced hacker to be able to decrypt it (phone-specific password is derived from either MAC or serial number and derivation algorithm is not public, but it can be extracted from SPC compiler by experienced reverse engineer).

As I don't expect the 2Talk file will be readable, you should consider another approach. Forget the automatic provisioning and follow 2Talk guide to configure SPA122 manually. Note that guide for SPA122 should work for SPA112 with just slight differences.

Rate useful advices. It will help others to found solutions.