cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[SPA112] Outgoing calls - interrupted after a few seconds (SIP/PBX)

RoDa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm writing here for the first time. I'm kind of a geek but I don't really know about ATA.

I have a subscription with a SIP provider and incoming calls are working well. The problem is that I cannot make outgoing calls for more than 15 seconds, as calls get cut every time. The provider tried to find the origin of the problem, but as for now, they could not find anything wrong with their services.

I followed exactly the configuration instructions provided on their website and they do not suggest any suggestion in the configuration of my SPA112. I think that the issue might lie in a specific configuration, as their service is working correctly with the Android app.

Would anybody have a suggestion as to which parameters could be modified to solve that problem?

Thank you very much

2 Replies 2

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you please share your SPA112 configuration so we can take a look? Also, share the configuration instructions from their website. Has the ISP done any troubleshooting/service session to see what is the root cause of the issue? Has he shown to you any test result?

Regards,

Martin

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much for your answer. After several requests, where they refused to examine the internal parameters of my SPA112, they finally asked about a parameter that I didn't know about and which is not directly related to neither the SPA112, nor their own configuration: they asked me to check the parameters of my router to make sure that SIP Alg was disabled (this was not the case for me).

After I disabled the SIP Alg, everything worked fine.

Thank you very much. I hope that this will also be helpful to other people.