cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spa3000 or Spa3102 back to back telephone line extension instrucations

wdsadler1
Level 1
Level 1

Ive got a set of spa3000`s and spa3102 and what I want to do is use them just to extend a telephone line about 2 miles and pick it up on the other end and use a anolog phone. I will be using a set of maxstream 900mhz ethernet radios for the ethernet bridge. I have pulled everything from the net that I could find on the configuration but no go on the 3000`s. Most info is written for the 3102`s but it pretty close.  Can someone point me in the right direction on what Iam missing, for instance  you ip both but theres no mention on weather dhcp server should be on or off. Also do I use a straight or cross over cable when tying into my bridges.  Any help would be apprecated. Right as this writing Iam going to unbox the 3102`s and give them a shot but would really like a detailed configuration plan if any one has one

Thanks  ahead of time

2 Replies 2

Dan Miley
Level 3
Level 3

I think this is what you are looking for.

PBX Port Extension over LAN using SPA 2102 / 3102

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2149426

The steps are basically the same for most Cisco SPA devices. 

make sure you update the firmware to the latest.

I don't know about your converters/extenders, but test the extension seperately from the layer 1 connectivity, so you don't have to troubleshoot multiple issues.

hope it helps,

Dan

Thanks after pouring thru all the notes everyone left on the net I got one configuration to work so far perfect (so Far) but you have to add some common sense to some of there directions as they forget to tell you some things. I got the spa3000 to work but the spa3102 are blinking that no ethernet connection is hook up but Iam able to go into the gui and bring it up but thats for another day.

My next question is what or how many kb`s are these 2 units shacking back and forth while your talking???  I read were the multivoip mvp130 crank back and forth around 64k

Thanks