Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA303 pending

renerakitow
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 3 CISCO SPA303 that have the status "pending". The Admin login in the webinterface returns 403 forbidden. Ive tried a factory reset but no luck. Connected the SPA303 to my laptop with a local DHCP server, but still the same.

How to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Wotikar.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your working phones are standard retail devices ("open").

The broken ones are RC units. Pending indicates a new RC unit that is ready for provisioning. Provisioned unit displays the name of the company that provisioned it.

See Administration Guide to verify my statements.

The final conclusion is - you got wrong phones (either unintentionally or you has been cheated). You need retail phones. RC units have no value for you. You can't use them and no way to revert them into retail one.

So sorry to saying it, but unless you can return them to seller your luck is definitely over.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

"Pending" mean

1. your unit has been manufactured for particular OEM/VAR.Such unit can be profisioned from particular OEM provisioning server only
  2. pending mean such provisioning has not been completed yet
  3. you will not be allowed to login unless the OEM in question will give you proper credentials (e.g. no default name and password will work for you)
  4. no reset to factory default will remove special status of your unit

If you unit has been provided by OEM to you, ask such OEM for help. If it has been sold to you as standard retail device, you has been cheated, return device to seller.

Hello Dan,

These devices were first added to our working auto provisioning network. For some reason auto provisioning didn't work, and now the devices are stuck. The receive an IP adres from the right DHCP server, but they do not contact the auto provisioning server over http to receive their profile.

Anyway to fix this?

Kind regards René

Before we will continue, one simple question. Whats status of an other phone already working successfully in your network ?

The status of customization is "Open" on the working devices. On the not working devices it is "pending". Strange thing is that the not working devices don't connect to the web server where the configuration files are located.

Your working phones are standard retail devices ("open").

The broken ones are RC units. Pending indicates a new RC unit that is ready for provisioning. Provisioned unit displays the name of the company that provisioned it.

See Administration Guide to verify my statements.

The final conclusion is - you got wrong phones (either unintentionally or you has been cheated). You need retail phones. RC units have no value for you. You can't use them and no way to revert them into retail one.

So sorry to saying it, but unless you can return them to seller your luck is definitely over.

Hello Dan,

Thank you for youre comment. We are trying to get them replaced.

Kind regards,

René