cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spa500s does not retain data in attendant console

allanb001
Level 1
Level 1

just recently attached a spa500s to a spa508g and have set up the extensions accordingliny through the web gui on attendant console.

everything works just fine, lights up correctly. now when i leave for the day and come back the next day  all lights are off. i check the attendant console and all the data that i have input into the fields are now longer there and are blank. i have no idea why it is doing this. the only thing that i am able to see from the web guis log is this:

Reboot Reason 1:     Provisioning(08/29/2013 02:00:16) Reboot Reason 2:     Provisioning(08/28/2013 16:56:08)
Reboot Reason 3:     Provisioning(08/28/2013 16:36:37) Reboot Reason 4:     Provisioning(08/28/2013 02:08:31)
Reboot Reason 5:     Provisioning(08/27/2013 16:20:03)

any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It seems you are using provisioning to configure device. Any manual changes may (or may not) be overrwritten by the configuration file delivered during it. It depends on the content of provisioned configuration file.

Ask the administrator of your's provisioning server for help. He need either include required configuration of button's into the provisioned configuration or remove configuration of affected buttons from file at all (then the manual configuration will not be overwritten, but also will not be restored if lost).

is there anything specific that i should look for in the file that will indicate my changes?

Well, I'm not going to enumerate all console related options here. But the console key configuration options are in the form of

Unit M Key N

where M is the console number (1 or 2) and N is key number (1..32)