Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504 3rd party switch support + UC540 support for MS Lync

richard.grey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Does anyone know if the SPA504G phones will work with a Third Party switch such as a Dell Power Connect? 

Does the UC540 support intergration with Microsoft Lync?

Any supporting links would be great because I have been searching without luck?

Thanks

Rich

2 Replies 2

m.beckenbach
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Rich,

we had the same idea. But i do not think cisco will implement that.

Anyway we are trying to create a client side windows service, that captures the status of spa500 phones and sets the lync status when you are calling. That would at least give us a bit of integration. We are using Lync Online with Office 365.

We are still in a very early phase, but our experiments work amazingly good.

Would you be interested in that solution if it works?

Max

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Richard,

Does anyone know if the SPA504G phones will work with a Third Party switch such as a Dell Power Connect?

Yes but do not expect it to work as well as it would on a Cisco Switch, also no support of you have any issues with phones not registering or voice quality issues or any other issue for that matter, unless the problem resides on the  itself. You will also need to make sure that the  ports are setup correctly and to the right class, if the HP does not automatically change the class type you can fry the phones and you should see what happens to the screens (Yes don't ask, it was an experiment at a School that went horribly wrong).

Does the UC540 support intergration with Microsoft Lync?

Yes but not officially, I have made a previous post on here to another thread of the same question and provided documentation and also links to how to get it to work. I believe Cisco and MS are working on this and maybe sometime next year you will see it integrated into  but  count on it being done quickly, these things take time to get into build maps.

I dont have the files with me as I am not working much these days with Cisco Products, and I cannot find the USB pen drive where I had all my files on Otherwise I would list them back up, but if you look on the subject in the search bar you will find it, to click on my name and go to my profile and look at my posting history.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *