cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G Doesn't Display Calling Name if there is No Calling Number

IOT4GENBAND
Level 1
Level 1

Our softswitch has options to provide calling name or calling number or (calling name and calling number) for calling line ID. The SPA504E behaves as follows for each of these options;

• calling name and number received: both name and number are displayed
  • calling number only received; number is displayed
  • calling name only is received: "From: Anonymous Caller" is displayed

A wireshark trace shows that the calling name is included in both the SIP From header and the p-asserted-identity;

From: "SPA504E TESTER"<sip:anonymous@anonymous.invalid>;tag=59868

p-asserted-identity: "SPA504E TESTER" <sip:anonymous@anonymous.invalid>

However, there is no remote-party-id header in the calling name only scenario (there is in the other 2 cases).

Does anyone know if there is a configuration setting to control this? I suspect this could be design intent as the Cisco (LinkSys) SPA2102 ATA does the same thing.

We do use other client makes that will display name only, so we are trying to be give our users consistent behaviour.

Thank-you.

2 Replies 2

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

The parameter is 'caller ID header' in the SIP tab. 

But I see that 'anonymous' is in the From and PAI, so it would be showing that on the display.

When both name and number was received, there was an actual name there in place of where anonymous is, correct?

Thanks for the reply nseto...

The name of the caller is "SPA504E TESTER".

If both name and number are delivered, the anonymous in the PAI becomes the calling number and the From header contains the user name. And, the remote-party-id contains both the name and number.

I will tinker with the caller ID header settings to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks again.