cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G

mljevakovic
Level 3
Level 3

On the web site http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/voice_conferencing/SPA_500/index.html stays that SPA525G has 5 lines. How can we configure that the phone use the 5 line when under ephone-dn has two options  dual-line and octo-line? We need them becaus we want that our receptionist can accept more calls than two and forward them to internal extension.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

The SPA 525 Phones do not support octo-lines.  CCA will not give you the option to configure as an octo-line either. The 79xx phones support octo-lines.

Additionally trying to configure it through CLI will not work either.  The third caller will get a busy tone or will be sent to voicemail.  I thought I would mention that to save you the time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

The SPA 525 Phones do not support octo-lines.  CCA will not give you the option to configure as an octo-line either. The 79xx phones support octo-lines.

Additionally trying to configure it through CLI will not work either.  The third caller will get a busy tone or will be sent to voicemail.  I thought I would mention that to save you the time.

Kelli Lowe
Level 1
Level 1

you can create 4 phantom extensions, and have the extensions hunt to each other.  That is what we are doing as a work around. That way, it appears that they have 5 lines.

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

You can create multiple ephone-dns with the same extension and overlay on the primary button

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Mario you would think it would work but when more than 2 calls come in the SPA phone will not display them. Not even if you put the first 2 calls on hold. The person on using the spa phone would have no idea that a person is calling.