Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 & UC320W not showing EHS enable

dean
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am very new to Cisco and have inherited this problem where I work. We have a UC320W (Firmware 2.3.2(6) and SPA525G2 (Firmware 7.5.5a) phones. I have a requirement to get a Plantronics CS510 Wireless headset to work with one of these phones. A Plantronics APC-45, EHS module was also ordered as required.

When I try to follow the setup instructions that ask me to enable EHS on the handset, I cannot find that setting anywhere on any of the tabs. 

Instructions:  NB To use this cable with a Cisco SPA303, SPA5xxG and SPA9xx phone, you'll need to programme your phone to EHS mode. Copy & paste this URL for instructions as it's not in the Cisco user guide. NB You need to go into the phone via the IP address it is listed on, and then upgrade firmware to after the 7.5.1 version https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/37241/headset-compatibility-spa303-spa5xxg-and-spa9xx-phones

My question is, is EHS available on these handsets with the firmware version i have on the UC320W?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Copy & paste this URL for instructions as it's not in the Cisco user guide.

As you didn't disclosed the this URL mentioned we don't know what instructions you should follow.

According Headset Compatibility for SPA303, SPA5xxG and SPA9xx Phones document the required settings is on User Tab of SPA525G2

Well, it may be the matter. I'm no expert on UC320W, but if I remember correctly, as long as SPA525G2 is connected to it it's not possible to configure SPA525G2 itself. It's configured by UC320W only.

So you are asking how to order UC320W to configure SPA525G2 for EHS. Right or not ?

Correct, I need to know how to configure EHS mode on the SPA525G2 via the UC320W.

I have not been able to find any information that shows me to achieve this.

OK, I will move this thread to community dedicated to UC320W. But I'm not sure if it is supported configuration operation at all, so, may be, no one will give you an advice. And UC320W is EOL, as far as I know, so even SMB Support will not help you ...