Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA5xx Hold/Resume call function issue

jsaulka01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have a small problem that suddenly appeared and is affecting multiple business groups with the call hold function for users of 504,509 and 525s.

In the Cisco doc, it specifies how to place a call on hold and retrieve a call

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpipp/ip_phones/user/guide/50X_sip_user_guide_source/500_SIP_user.pdf

Resuming a Call

To resume the call that has been put on hold, press the flashing red line button for

the call or the Hold button or the Resume softkey (if the default behavior is

configured.)

The problem I have is with my customers is resuming the call. Users were once able to press the flashing red line button like it says in the documentation and it would resume the call that was holding - until now. Pressing the line button on the call that is being held, only toggles an info window on the screen which displays the main key options below vs. removing the info bubble. They now have to use the 'resume' button which is defined on one of the main softkeys. 

It wasn't an endpoint pack or firmware version that had changed this, and it has affected all users at once. It's not in the call agent and has to be a configuration on the phone itself for this to behave that way. I don't see in the GUI or anywhere else in the phone profile on how or where this would be configured. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Users were once able ... like it says in the documentation ... until now.

Well, something has changed. Either firmware, or configuration, or both.

Can you disclose what change you did ?

There are so man configuration options related to it with so complex interactions to do blind analysis.

We have tried rolling back firmware to 7.5.7 (when we originally started) from 7.6.2. Factoried a phone and used the original endpoint pack as well. The configuration doesn't give the ability to modify that kind of function and that's directly from the phone GUI. So I couldn't attribute those things to the original configuration but I do understand that they would be the likely avenues that would have the capability to do so.

There's an upshot to the newer configuration. If there are several calls holding, selecting the line presents more than just one option (resume) so the call doesn't need to be taken off hold and can be blind transferred, etc.