Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8000 stuck in a boot loop

DunnPreston
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a SPA8000 that is rebooting continually, I can’t seem to access it via the IVR or the web interface and I’m at somewhat of a loss as to what to do next?

I am re-tasking this unit from one motel to another and was changing the SIP account settings on the Trunk-1 page; I changed the User account number and password via the web interface and clicked update.

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

Does the device have the most current firmware? The latest for the device is 6.1.3. If not I would suggest that you upgrade to the

latest and after the firmware upgrade you will need to set the device back to factory defaults.

THANKS

HI riroe,

Thanks for your response , as far as I know I cannot gain access to the device due to a reboot every 13 seconds. The spa8000 does not even have time to receive an IP address from the DHCP

I do have 6 of these units and this is the oldest of the bunch (about 1 year old) so it is likely that is running outdated firmware

Is there something I am missing?

I would suggest that you call our support center to open up a case for you concerning this issue. The number is 1-866-606-1866.

THANKS

Rick Roe

Ray Long
Level 1
Level 1

Case opened. The SPA8000 is stuck in reboot loop. Can't access IVR nor does it obtain an ip address before it reboots. RMA issued.

gti399993
Level 1
Level 1

Did you fix the issue ?!

Oh I managed fixing it using the 4 seconds before booting loop :

1. Manually configured windows IP4
  2. using Chrome for faster perfomance refresh the page each time when needed (You have 4 seconds every 10 sec)
  3. Change The Changes you made before getting in Restart Loop
  4. Apply changes
  5. you might need to do this several times to get it done .

Its faster than replacment !