Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 Cofiguration

plbyham01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a new installation with of a SPA9000 with 2x ITSP lines, 4x SPA504g handsets and an answering machine which will be connected to one of the FXS ports.

I need both lines to appear and ring on all the SPA504g's and be managed (placed on hold and picked up from other handsets) from these handsets and if not answered in 30 sec to go to the answering machine.

I have spent the last few days going over the manuals for the SAP9000 but cant figure out the best way to implement this. I suspect the best way is to use SLA.

Can anyone help with suggestions on how this can be done?

Regards

Paul B.                 

1 Reply 1

Hi Paul,

In case this issue is still relevant to you (as I'm 3 months late with a response!), there are two solutions that I've used which may also work for you.

1. Group Line Handset Registration

(This is the simplest of the two, but is only viable if are only using half of the handset licenses - e.g. up to 8 of the possible 16 - otherwise you won't be able to also register each handset with a unique extension number as well)

• Under "Ext 2", "Ext 3" or Ext 4" tabs on each handset:
    • Set the "Share Line Appearance -> Shared User ID" setting to a common value (e.g. 620).
    • Set the "Share Line Appearance -> Share Ext" setting to "shared"
  • Under the "Phone" tab for each handset
    • Set one (or more) of the "Line Key" extensions to the extension number used in the previous step (e.g. if you setup the shared extension on Ext 2, select 2).
    • Set the "Share Call Appearance" for the same Line Key to "shared".
  • Now on the SPA9000, go to the Line tab(s) that is intended to receive external calls
    • Set the "Subscriber Information -> Contact List" setting to "620,cfwd=aa"
    • Set the "Subscriber Information -> Cfwd No Ans Delay" to "20" (or the number of seconds you wish to wait before sending the call to the answering service.

If you don't have an auto-answer facility with voice mail configured, you could always forward the call to the extension of an answering machine.

2. Hunt Groups

Another option would be to create a hunt group on the SIP tab of the SPA9000. Something along the lines of:

690:name="Everyone",601,602,603,604,hunt=al;14;1,cfwd=608

where "690" is the hunt group name and extension "608" is the answering machine. The nominated handsets (601,602,603 and 604) will all ring at the same time, but if the call remains unanswered, it will be forwarded to 608. In our case, we set handset 608 to go straight to voice mail (via an SPA400) if it is busy or is set to do-not-disturb.

You'd then want to set up the incoming call to route to the hunt group (690) via the relevant "Line" tabs on the SPA9000.

According to the release notes for firmware 6.1.5, the hunt group option "al" was only introduced in firmware 6.1.5. It seemed to be a little flaky for me when I tried it, so I ended up using the first option shown above as my SPA9000 is now used in a small office with only half a dozen handsets.