Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer Direct to Voicemail from hunt/blast group

pierrescotland
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I'm having trouble here, I have extensions on 4xx, voicemail pilot is 499, transfer direct to voicemail working fine by dialing a '6' prefix, ie if I require to transfer directly to mailbox 410 I can dial 6410 from any phone and it works just fine.

If, however, I have a hunt group with FINAL 6410, then all I get is "there is no mailbox associated with this extension".

I may have to resort to using CUE editor to make a script that transfers directly to the required mailbox, but I am attempting to keep customization of Unity Express to a minimum.

Also I would like the configuration to allow two phones to share a mailbox, in this case 410.  On the second DN, I have call-forward noan 6410 but this results in the same error as the hunt-group.

I do NOT want to use a general delivery mailbox, it is important that the Message Waiting Lamp works on one phone only.

Relevant Config:-

!

voice translation-rule 2002

rule 1 /^6/ //

!

voice translation-profile XFER_TO_VM_PROFILE

translate redirect-called 2002

!

dial-peer voice 499 voip

description Unity Express Voicemail Pilot 499

destination-pattern 499

translation-profile outgoing XFER_TO_VM_PROFILE

b2bua

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.16.10.253

voice-class sip outbound-proxy ipv4:172.16.10.253 

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

ephone-dn 96

number 6...

description ** Transfer Direct to Voicemail

call-forward all 499

!

voice hunt-group 2 parallel

final 6410

list 410,402,403,404,405,406,407,408,409,411,414,415

timeout 10

pilot 451

!

Many thanks!!

3 Replies 3

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Peter,

After looking at what you have posted, everything in the config looks correct.  In order to figure out what is happening, we would probably need to see some debugs to see that is actually being passed to CUE.  It sounds like the diversion header is being changed or not passing correctly.

Debugs:

debug voice ccapi inout

debug ccsip messages

Thank you,

Darren

Ah, good to know!   I thought there was something weird needing doing to the config that I was missing.  I will collect the debugs when it's quiet and post them.

Cheers

I got it fixed.   I had to translate the hunt-group pilot number to the mailbox extension, so simply changing the translation profile to:-

voice translation-rule 2002

rule 1 /451/ /410/

rule 2 /^6/ //

fixed the hunt-group issue!  It's also a nice way of making two phones share the same mailbox.  Yeeha.

p.