cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two SPA500S Attendants Consoles

MentleDanya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, please help with one question. Is it possible to run 2 console extensions with SPA525 phones on the same local network and on the same server Asterisk. In fact, one is a console. Help please, be advised that you can fit in and where is it possible?

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is possible to connect up to two SPA500S side cars to a SPA525G2. And it apply to any number of SPA525G2 you have. Connect or disconnect of a side car to device affect this particular device only. It doesn't affect any other phone in any way.

SPA500S console just increase the number of avaiable Line Keys on phone, so I don't understand the rest of your question in full.

I know nothing what you are trying to do nor I know details about asterisk's configuration, so only very generic answer. If you configured the phone and asterisk to handle whatever you want on four Line Keys (standard SPA525G2 with no extension) then you should be able to configure it to do the same things for 64 Line Keys as well (SPA525G2 with two side cars).

And "local nework" has nothing to do with the problem at all, IMHO.

Try to explain the problem you have in more details.

My network consists of 20 phones, including 2 SPA525 with consoles. On one of them it works, the console is watching the employment of all the other phones. But the second Spa 525, all orange and the console does not want to see the phones. Asterisk has been made on the basic configuration as specified in the manual. Perhaps there is what that configuration to allow these consoles run at the same time?

The function of "is watching the employment of all the other phones" is matter of device configuration.

In short, the Line Keys configuration on the second console needs to be configured the exactly same way as the Line Keys on the first one console.

Who is creating the configuration of phones ? Is the configuration of  Line Keys same on both devices ? If yes then both devices should be able to subscribe for other phone status notifications on Asterisk. If still failing, catch SUBSCRIBE message together with response from both phones and compare them. Use WireShark for such task, for example. The difference may reveal the source of the problem.