cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W Greyfield Deployment behind Time Warner Digital Voice

bob_klemm
Level 1
Level 1

My Time Warner Digital Voice service uses the Motorola Surfboard SBV5322 Digital Voice Modem.  This modem maintains the phone number provisioning information for this site and only accepts analog devices. 

I've been told that the UC320W can be used with this modem through the use of the FXO ports on the UC320W being connected to the analog "Tel1", Tel2", ... ports on the SBV5322. 

I have dial tone on my IP Phone (SPA 504G) connected to LAN Port 1 on the UC320W but cannot call out.  I have "No-service" when viewing external FXO trunks on the UC320W Configuration utility.  We are not using SIP in any fashion.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

bob_klemm
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyone using a UC320 with Time Warner Digital Voice services?

Everything is working out just fine now.  We have both outside analog lines coming into individual FXO lines.  We have the primary line identified as a Shared FXO line for all to use - in & out.  We have day/night set up.  We have voicemail to email working.  We tried to get by without having a separate switch but was unable to do so.  Have switch ... will travel.  The SG300 (we're using the 20-port model) is a fantastic switch.  Auto Voice VLAN feature is probably the most advantageous of all features.  We have complete access to all funcions at this time.  Next installation (for a client) will be a breeze!