cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 auto attendant issue with *.wav files

jeffreypanda
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC520 in a small business with 6 phones.  2 people left the company and I wanted to record a new *.wav file to use for phone extension help on button 3.  I am using 1 auto attendant with a *.wav file to announce which buttons to use to get to different items. Button 3 gives a list of names and extensions.  I made a new *.wav file that removed the 2 people that left.  When I insert it as the file for button 3 and apply, it says it updated the system but when I call in and press 3 nothing plays.  I created a second *.wav file with the same results.  I changed the AA script from aa_sbcs_v02.aef to aa_transfer2.aef and set up the same files for it with the same results.  I changes the AA Script back and set up the files using the old button 3 wav file and it plays again.  I need to remove these employees from my list as soon as I can.  What do I need to do to free up the system to let me change the *.wav file for button 3?

I tried to record a file using the phone but I do not have permissions.  I changed the *.wav file to a MP3 file but  the Auto attendant seems to only recognize wav files and will not see the mp3 file.  Is there a way to get the UC520 to see mp3 files or to give me permissions to do a phone recording?

4 Replies 4

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

I do not believe that MP3 files will work, they must be *.wav files.

To enable access to the prompt management, you can either use CCA, or the CUE web interface:

CCA: Configure>Telephony>Call Handling>Auto Attendant   -  Select "Prompt Management" tab, click "user" button.  Then add yourself to the prompt administrators.

Web interface: Configure>Groups - Select "PromptAdministrators",  Select "Owners/Members" tab, chose "Subscribe Members".  Then add your username as a member of this group.

Thank you,

Darren

Darren,

Thank you for your help, but I still have an issue. I can log inot the CCA and open the auto attendant page. On the Promp management tab, I can click on users and add myself to the list. But when I use my phone to call I give my extension and pass code and I am told that I do not have the rights to make a recording.

If I open the call manager express, I click on configure but do not have a "groups" in the list.

Where can I go from here?

Jeff Jones

This should work in CCA, but if not, make sure you are logging into the CUE web interface:

Open browser - in address bar type - 10.1.10.1 (default address of CUE)  This should open the CUE web interface, and allow you to make the changes.

If that is still not working, I would suggest that you call in and open a support case for your issue.  (1-866-606-1866)

Thank you,

Darren

Darren,

My smartnet has expired and I can't get my manager to buy a new one. I will check other forums. Thanks for your help, this must be more broke than I thought.

Jeff Jones