cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 auto attendant issue

jeffreypanda
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC520 in a small business with 6 phones.  2 people left the company and I wanted to record a new *.wav file to use for phone extension help on button 3.  I am using 1 auto attendant with a *.wav file to announce which buttons to use to get to different items. Button 3 gives a list of names and extensions.  I made a new *.wav file that removed the 2 people that left.  When I insert it as the file for button 3 and apply, it says it updated the system but when I call in and press 3 nothing plays.  I created a second *.wav file with the same results.  I changed the AA script from aa_sbcs_v02.aef to aa_transfer2.aef and set up the same files for it with the same results.  I changes the AA Script back and set up the files using the old button 3 wav file and it plays again.  I need to remove these employees from my list as soon as I can.  What do I need to do to free up the system to let me change the *.wav file for button 3?

1 Reply 1

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

My thought on this is that the format of *.wav is not correct. (Or the UC520 does not recognize it at least.)

For right now, I would suggest that you just record a new prompt using the prompt administrator on the UC520.  From a "prompt adminstrator" phone, just call x397 (default extension for prompt adminstration), and record a new prompt.  Then assign the new prompt to option 3.

If using CCA 3.0, the prompt admin extension, and list of adminstrators will be listed here:    Configure>Telephony>Call Handling>AutoAttendant - Prompt Management tab.

Thanks,

Darren