cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade fails at Voicemail Image Install

crfittech
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded my CCA from 2.2.6 to 3.1.1, and decided I would try to upgrade my software pack as well to 8.2.  Well, I figured out that my Firewall was causing some of the trouble, so allowed port UDP 69 (TFTP) access, and after that the upgrade started fine.  At least until it got to the Voicemail Image Install option.  At that point it has just stalled, and the status says:

Error: Download error

Can not download cue-main.uc500.8.0.6.pkg

error code 227 : error type 'couldn't connect to host'

Unable to install. Please try again

It just keeps stating it is trying to download, and then shows this again.  I did also make sure the firewall allowed both ports 20 & 21, as it looked like the Voicemail used FTP, instead of TFTP.

I am new to Cisco UC500, so all help would be appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Load CCA on another laptop that has no firewall, connect directly to it and try to do a factory reset if your business would allow it.  If not I would try doing a software upgrade and select upgrade voicemail only.  You are having connection issues between the UC500 and the laptop.  Im pretty sure that should clear it up but there are also some helpful tips in a document that Mr DiStefano wrote.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9779

View solution in original post

Hello Travis,

I would suggest a few things.  First off, make sure you disable the Windows Firewall, stop any antivirus programs, shut down any services/programs using TFTP and FTP, and make sure only one network interface is enabled.  The next thing is to make sure you can ping the UC.  Not only the data vlan, but the CUE address also..  (Default CUE address - 10.1.10.1)   If you cannot ping CUE, depending on your network topology, you man need to manually add a route to your PC for that network.

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Load CCA on another laptop that has no firewall, connect directly to it and try to do a factory reset if your business would allow it.  If not I would try doing a software upgrade and select upgrade voicemail only.  You are having connection issues between the UC500 and the laptop.  Im pretty sure that should clear it up but there are also some helpful tips in a document that Mr DiStefano wrote.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9779

Hello Travis,

I would suggest a few things.  First off, make sure you disable the Windows Firewall, stop any antivirus programs, shut down any services/programs using TFTP and FTP, and make sure only one network interface is enabled.  The next thing is to make sure you can ping the UC.  Not only the data vlan, but the CUE address also..  (Default CUE address - 10.1.10.1)   If you cannot ping CUE, depending on your network topology, you man need to manually add a route to your PC for that network.

Thank you,

Darren

Finally got a chance to try the above suggestions.

Used an older XP laptop, and was able to turn off all firewalls, and verified that I did not have FTP installed through IIS.  Started the update, and it worked fine until the 2nd to last item where it was supposed to re-install the configuration and then reset the system.  It failed at that point, and the VMS would not work correctly after that.  I just wrote everything down in a notebook real quick, and reset the system to factory default, and then built it from scratch.  I do not know if upgrading from such an old version caused problems, or what, but it was annoying that an update would cause the system to fail like that.