Views
Helpful
Replies

XML Directory/ Caller ID

david
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have multiple SPA504G phones in our office which use an XML directory as their phonebook for making calls. Is it possible to make this directory also function for caller ID for incoming calls, as it doesn’t currently.

Thanks 

David 

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you mean "add caller's name based on caller's number".

No, as far as I know it's not possible. But it can be done on PBX the phone is connected to.

Thanks Dan, 

atleast I know i'm not going mad

you might be able to help with another question,

we used to have a transfer option before where when a call came in we could transfer to say number 3000 and that would go to an external mobile number. but this wasn't a separate extension do you think that maybe something to do with a directory as well? 

Thanks Again 

Well, you can "misuse" phone's internal phone book for it. Read Remote end name versus device local lists to become familiar with incoming call handling. If your's firmware is recent enough (it should be), read Configuring Personal Address Book to be able to import phone's local directory.

we used to have a transfer option before where when a call came in we could transfer to say number 3000 and that would go to an external mobile number. but this wasn't a separate extension do you think that maybe something to do with a directory as well?

I'm unsure I got it. You forwarded incoming call to number 3000 which has been aliased (by undisclosed method) to an external mobile number. So far so good. But what you wish to do with directory ?