cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify default data VLAN - UC540

y.kakoudakis
Level 1
Level 1

Our company uses a UC540W-BRI-K9  as a communications system with several SPA phones. The UC540  has software pack 8.1(planning to upgrade) and connected with ISDN lines. We configured it by CCA 3.0(1) and everything is working OK.  The problem is that during the initial configuration the person who did it left the default subnet for data VLAN (192.168.10.x). Our network has a different subnet (192.168.2.x).

How can i modify the subnet of the data vlan? The reason is we want to use Cisco Smart CallConnector, keep phone logs etc.

I found a video that shows how you can modify the default voice vlan.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CiscoCCA#p/u/22/50OMbF1cRDw

Is the process similar? I would like to avoid resetting the UC540 and starting from scratch.

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Yannis,

That youtube reference show an old version of CCA modifying the Voice VLAN (VID=100)

You want to alter the data vlan VID=1, but the idea is correct, CCA is the tool a Cisco partner could use to alter the data VLAN IP address.

Your posting  shows you as a Cisco partner.

I would humbly suggest your company takes advantage of the UC500 online,  first look and advanced free training on the use of CCA to configure the unit.  If you are not aware of how to use CCA, your technicians can take advantage of this free offer.

But suffice to say a Partner with CCA can easily alter the data vlan in a few minutes using CCA 3.1(1)

Dates for First look and Advanced training on UC500 are as follows

8th    Dec - first look training  11am-6pm  New York time

14th  Dec-  Adv SBSC UC540 training   11am-6pm  New York City time.

As seen in the cvent calander.

http://www.cvent.com/EVENTS/Calendar/Calendar.aspx?cal=313c653e-5061-464b-9bc8-56ab83b20f47

Hi David, thanks for the reply.

I did modify the subnet of the data vlan and it worked after all...The only difference was that i used CCA 3.1(1) instead of 3.0.(1). Probably that was a coincidence, I don't know... 

The webinars look very interesting, thanks for the tip. Do you know if you can watch them on demand after they are completed? The time zone here is GMT + 2 and they will finish after midnight...

Hi yannis,

They start at 7pm your time ( I think), but I have attended first look training and advanced UC500 training free virtual labs before, and there is no compulsion to attend  for the full event.  I take what I can out of it, register and give it a try on the 14th of December.

I'm sure you gain some value from the training course.

Regards Dave