cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Passowrd Reset on SPA525 G2

iweb
Level 1
Level 1

I have bought a Joblot of SPA525 G2 phones but I can't use them as the admin settings are password protected.
The company I bought them from has closed down and I have no way of contacting them.

Please help I have paid for these units but can't use them

4 Replies 4

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

My name is Puneet Sandel and I am from Cisco small business technical support center.

As per your query, you can perform a factory reset of the phone through Admin settings however in case the admin settings page is also password protected then there is no way you can log in to phones without knowing the admin password.

The only way is to get in touch with the person who configured the password on the phone. Once you are able to get in to admin settings and do a factory reset, you won't be able to use the phone at all. The path to perform the same is mentioned below.

Device Administration>> Factory Reset>>Click on Ok

Please mark this post as the solution as there is no other way to resolve this. This will be helpful to others too.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have reset the phone as you said but now have an HTTP login.
 I assume that now all it needs is the default password but I can't find what it is.

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Try using 'admin' as username and password to log in into the web interface of the SPA too.

Please mark the thread as the solution as the previous step help you reset the IP phone.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If "standard way" will not help, use "diagnostics recovery" menu instead.

Turn on SPA525G2. Once Cisco logo will appear on display, press speaker button multiple times. Continue until logo will be replaced by "Diag Recovery" menu. Select "Recovery reset" and confirm.